Saturday, May 24, 2008

a little piece of Trish arrives in Christchurch

Yesterday a little package arrived in the mail for me with an exciting Amazon label on it... Hooray! Trish's book! I started reading He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not on Friday night and then today I stayed in bed until 11:30am to finish it off. :) I haven't done that for so long and it is such a good feeling. Anyway, in honour of Trish's arrival in Christchurch, New Zealand, I decided to take her out for a little sightseeing, despite the miserable early winter weather. Luckily by the time I got into town it had stopped raining, and a friendly passerby took this photo...

... I did not explain why I wanted my photo taken with a book. Think of it as the hook by which that passerby will hunt down Trish's book for themselves.
Then Trish and I went to the Arts Centre. You may remember some weeks ago I did a "My Town" blog post on the Arts Centre; well, it was time to show Trish one of my favourite spots.
We went to the markets, and I even sampled some fudge for Trish at the Fudge Cottage and considered buying a greenstone necklace.
Then we took a quick look in the museum, and I showed Trish the scary fake cave of my youthful days.
Next stop was the Art Gallery. We had an iced coffee in Alchemy café, and then had a look around the gallery and in the gift shop.
Our favourite was the Colin McCahon exhibition.
We walked down Worcester Boulevard, waving to the people on the tram...
...and ended up in Cathedral Square.
We paid $1 to climb the Cathedral Tower, up a claustrophobically small spiral staircase, but I did it for Trish's sake...
...and we listened for free to the Christchurch Symphony Orchestra rehearse Mozart's Symphony No. 35 inside the Cathedral for tomorrow's concert.

Then it was time to leave. Luckily for Trish and I, we narrowly avoided a parking fine.

Review to follow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post made me smile. Why isn't there some kind of abbreviation for that like lol? Anyways, it's all of my favorite things, you, trish, he loves me he loves me not, spiral staircases ah this made my saturday.

Unknown said...

that has got to be the coolest thing ever! i'm sure trish enjoyed the sightseeing as much as your blog readers did!:)

Trish Ryan said...

Omigosh, this is the coolest thing ever...you crack me up! THANK YOU for taking my frog on a tour of your fine city. I'm hoping to come for a visit myself someday, to retrace his hops...

:)

Unknown said...

vair vair cool. reminds me of how people* take pix of richard armitage action dolls in different locations. subway, church, tower of london. the usual stuff.



*mad obsessed fans of the actor. we U2 fans would almost never do anything so funny.

LEstes65 said...

YOU ARE GENIUS! I am so jealous I didn't think of this first! This was just the best post ever.

I adore you in a whole new way now.

Stacy said...

That is the funniest post I've read/saw in a long time.