Tuesday, September 08, 2009

snapshots, part IV

Too many snapshots, so little time! Anyway, here are some more.

The battlefield of the Battle of Hastings, 1066, + the abbey built at the top of it as a penance.

The ruins of the abbey

Inside the monks' quarters

Stairway

Fun and games on Brighton Beach

High Street, Battle

Dusk

A for Allie

Walking up an English hill made me feel like Lizzy Bennet striding around Hertfordshire

I'm off to Eastern Europe on Wednesday, so... see you later. With, no doubt, a whole lot more snapshots and a really difficult job choosing which ones to share.

3 comments:

pilgrimchick said...

Are you in the UK? It has been a long time since I visited these places--great memories. I hope you're having fun.

Russ said...

Gosh I love your pics. How come mine never turn out like that? Not to mention your writing. Keep posting!

Stacy said...

I am so jealous!!!!

Which means, "Gorgeous pictures, Allie!" ;)