Saturday, January 01, 2005

holiday

I'm going on holiday tomorrow, whoopee!!!! Off to the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand - I love it. I'm only going to be away for a couple of nights but still - I'm excited. It's better than sitting around home waiting for a job and watching DVDs. (Pathetic eh? Actually I AM doing other stuff... but you know what I mean!)

I went to a cafe yesterday with a friend, and the waitresses told us Josh Hartnett had been there 20 mins before us!!! I'm not a fan, personally, but it's still like WOW someone famous! At least I wasn't too upset. If it had been Bono or someone I would REALLY have kicked myself.

The funny thing about New Zealand is that if anyone of that sort of fame comes here everyone gets very excited, even if they aren't really that keen on them as an actor or singer or whatever. It's because we hardly ever see famous people. I'm sure it's a different story in LA or New York or something. Thus, we aren't very cool or smooth about meeting famous people. We're more likely to be either totally out of our heads and make them really scared with our excitement, or, be so nervous at the prospect of approaching them that we stare at them, stalk them, or hide when we see them. :)

No comments: