Wednesday, December 29, 2004

this sucks

I can't believe how many people have been killed in South-East Asia. It's horrible. I know it sounds trite to try to express things like this, but the death toll has doubled in twenty-four hours! And that's obviously not the end. I just find it really horrible. I wonder what I would do if something like this happened to me. On the news they showed this poor girl crying and calling for her mother right after she had identified her mother among the rows of the dead; then they showed a sobbing father carrying his dead son to his wife. I don't know why but those two images churned me up inside more than anything else I saw.

I'm going to ring up the Red Cross or Tear Fund or something and see if they're doing anything like collecting on the streets that I could help with. I want to do SOMETHING.

No comments: