Saturday, December 18, 2004

a beginning...

You may be wondering: why the heck does this girl have the absurdity to call her blog "U2 vs Jane Austen"?
It is for a very good reason; there is a constant battle within me between obsessions over different things. Say someone told me to choose between U2 and Jane. It would tear me up inside. I would write lists of the pros and cons. I would not be able to sleep at night. I would try to read Jane Austen while listening to U2. And nothing would ever be resolved. This is a very important part of my personality. And if it's not U2 and Jane, it's the battle between which much-older and married man do I like the most? Colin Firth or Antonio Banderas? Johnny Depp or Colin Firth?
Does anyone else have this problem??? PLEASE! Come to my aid. Find an actor for me who is not married, not old enough to be my father, and within my reach.

So that's me.

Slightly obsessive-compulsive, yes.

I finished school about a month ago FOREVER and my friends and I met up at a SERIOUS cafe today. I felt very grown-up. This is another thing about me. I feel so proud of being grown-up that it's obvious I'm not, and by the time I stop being proud, I'll be SO grown-up that I'm an absolute bore.

I am looking for a job now. I'd quite like to work at a bookshop. I've decided to work for a year and then go to university and then go off travelling and teaching English and then come back home to New Zealand and force myself to decide what I want to be. Any ideas?

Better go. I think this is much longer than a blog is SUPPOSED to be.

No comments: