Friday, September 09, 2005

earliness

Before I forget, I'd just like to advertise the fact that I and some other writers in a group I am in have put together an e-zine of fiction and poetry. It's very exciting as we have just published it for the first time! So please go have a look at it, and if you have any comments, let me know. It's www.halfwaydownthestairs.net Our current theme is fairy tales/mythology... in a very broad sense! We are accepting outside submissions for our next issue, so if you're interested in writing, have a look!

There's something about getting to uni early and printing tutorial homework off the computers that I still haven't done and is due in two hours time that makes me very tired. I am one of the laziest people I know. I love to procastinate. But from NOW ON, I am going to do my homework at least two days in advance!

I was on the cover of a lift-out from the newspaper today, for the local TV station. How embarrassing. It is from the school choir competitions last year, in which my school's choir did a jazzy piece called Putting On The Ritz, which would have been okay if we hadn't done a particularly embarrassing dance with sparkly hats. I am pictured with several other choir members waving my hat in front of me looking bizarrely happy, given the circumstances, with my mouth wide open, bursting forth in song. What a great way to wake up this morning.

I was flicking through a book in the comedy section of the university bookshop yesterday which was called 'The Little Guide to Social Avoidance'. One of the tips was, wear a t-shirt that says 'Cannibals have rights too'. :) Haha!

No comments: