Sunday, September 18, 2005

election

Phew, just had a very interesting evening yesterday. I voted for the first time ever yesterday morning, in my country's elections (which was extremely exciting), and I watched the coverage of the results coming in from about 7pm to 12.30am! The weird thing about this year's election is that both major parties are really, really close - Labour is on 40.6% and National is on 39.6%, as far as I know right now. They're still waiting for special votes, and they have to start organising coalitions with the minor parties, and nobody knows who has won, and nobody WILL know for at least a week or two. How bizarre. There might even have to be a second election--I hope not though. I am so sick of campaigning all over the media, even at my university.

Personally I'm hoping that Labour will win.

No comments: