Thursday, September 08, 2005

well here I am again

I actually gave my blog address to someone the other day (hello Sez!) so I thought that maybe I should get back into writing it. This is what used to happen with my journals; I'd write and write and write so much at first and then I'd get sick of writing and writing and writing and go off it for a while... kind of like cereal (does anyone else ever get totally bored with whatever they eat for breakfast every now and then?).

Just so you know: U2 might be coming to NZ!!!! I am very excited, because I had been planning to go to Australia to see them, if I could get tickets. So yeah, IF I can get tickets (which is a big if, even though I've got membership at U2.com) I will be so happy. Apparently they're going to Wellington if they come, which isn't my home town, but that's okay.

I guess the biggest issue with me right now is that I'm thinking about changing my major to Linguistics. I went to a women's missions evening last weekend, and I chose as one of my options to hear a Bible linguist speaking. She went to Papua New Guinea for a year and worked on analysing one particular language so a Bible can be translated for it. Apparently there's still 800 languages there that don't have any of the scriptures whatsoever. I found it SO exciting because it is definitely the sort of thing that I could do! I just don't know though; I had been planning to be an ESOL teacher, and I could still do missions work with that. So basically I really have no idea what God wants me to do right now, and it's kind of different, because I think I'm going to have to trust him to show me the right way a whole lot more than I normally do. So much for cruising along doing a BA with no big decisions... that was how I felt less than a week ago.

No comments: