Friday, June 23, 2006

freedom



I had my history exam yesterday afternoon and now: I am free for about three weeks! It's so wonderful just doing whatever I want for a few days. Scary thing: I am now halfway through my degree. Eek.

So I went out with a couple of friends yesterday evening to celebrate. We went and had dinner at the Dux (great vegetarian/seafood restaurant) and then went to see A Midsummer Night's Dream - all slightly ironic because it's almost exactly midwinter. I've never seen the play properly before but I loved studying it so I really enjoyed myself. It was pretty well done, especially the Mechanicals, who were hilarious - especially Flute as Thisbe.

Then this morning I went swimming - something I haven't done for ages, and it felt so good. I'm going to go several times a week, I've decided, while my get-fit craze continues (hopefully forever). This afternoon I'm meeting someone for coffee, this evening I'm going to a welcome-back-from-Canada party, and on Monday I'm going down to Dunedin for five days to see my sister and her kids and a few friends.

SUDDENLY I HAVE A LIFE apart from study!

Photos: the weather's been absolutely horrific - cold, rain, even snow again yesterday, so I'm not quite sure how we managed to get several beautiful sunsets in the not-so-distant past. Both taken out my bedroom window; I'm not sure why I always take sunset photos out there but it just happens. :)

1 comment:

Patty said...

love the sunset/silhouette photos.