Saturday, April 21, 2007

answers from the cosmos


I have decided to repeat today a meme which I did last year, tagged by Patty of Green Tea Obsession, simply because it was rather fun, in the manner of fortune cookies or those paper things you used to fold and write things on as a kid to tell your future, and I'm interested to see what results I'll get this time!

The Rules: Go to your music player of choice & put it on shuffle. The song which pops up when you press play is the answer to that question!

1. How does the world see me? Miss Sarajevo - U2
Is that a compliment... or not?

2. Will I have a happy life? If I Could - Jack Johnson
Hmm... another answer that doesn't sound so great.

3. What do my friends think of me? Sounding Brass - Flanders and Swann
:) I guess I need to stop bragging.

4. Do I have a secret admirer? Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
This is one of the answers that I'm just not too sure if the cosmos heard me properly. Maybe it thought I said, 'do I have a secret shame' or something.

5. How can I make myself happy? Faithful - Brooke Fraser
That makes sense.

6. What should I do with my life? A Thing Called Love - Johnny Cash
Awww... that's nice.

7. Will I ever have children? Surely he hath borne our griefs - from Handel's Messiah
Hahaha! I laughed so hard at this.

8. What is some good advice for me? Stoppin' the Love - KT Tunstall
Hey! Hang on a minute! I thought the cosmos told me two answers ago that I had to spend my life starting the love!

9. What do I think my current theme song is? So Much 2 Say - Take 6
Hmm. I think the cosmos is getting a bit rusty. Actually I haven't had much to say at all over the last few days, evidenced by my lack of blogging except for tags that I've done before!

10. What does everyone else think my current theme song is? Better - Regina Spektor
Sure hope so.

11. What song will play at my funeral? Vertigo - U2
This seems to be decidedly inappropriate for a funeral... but who am I to question the wisdom of the cosmos?

12. How will I be remembered? Smile - Lily Allen
That's rather nice.

13. What type of men do I like? Kiss from a Rose - Seal
We-ell. I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to fall in love with a pretty, SNAGish boy.

14. What is my day going to be like? Entertaining Angels - Newsboys
Suits me just fine.

Well, there you have it. I tag anyone who wants to do it who has access to a music player that you can shuffle.

This was going to be a ranting post (I'm on holiday, technically, but I have to write two essays by the thirtieth that I am having huge trouble motivating myself for, so whenever I'm awake I'm either doing homework, or feeling bad because I'm not doing homework. And my conscience, or perhaps those angels I'm entertaining, is pressuring me to do something I really don't want to do but know I have to. And the zip on my favourite pair of jeans, which I paid $20 to have repaired three weeks ago, has broken again). But then I realised that I have absolutely no right to rant about anything at the moment, given all the good things in my life. (Just noticed that somehow I managed to do it anyway. Ignore it, please.) Things I am thankful for right now:
- not being shot by a crazed gunman
- the chance to study and get a degree, which probably puts me in about the most privileged 1% in the world
- close family and friends
- music
- the chance to travel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a meme I actually want to do, but first i'm going have to figure out how to make my computer shuffle, I wonder if I just shake it real hard. I wonder if the music sees a call to technical support in my future.

LEstes65 said...

Now I have to go buy a shuffling CD player!

I like your music taste. And I like your list of things you are thankful for.