Thursday, March 30, 2006

meme??


Patty tagged me on her blog with a 'musical meme', whatever that is! I suppose I should do the smart thing, like her, and look it up on dictionary.com. Anyway it was very fun; I got out my iPod and put it on shuffle and this is the result! (I promise I did not engineer the large number of U2 songs that came up.)

The Rules: Go to your music player of choice & put it on shuffle. The song which pops up when you press play is the answer to that question!

1. How does the world see you? Out of Reach - Gabrielle
2. Will I have a happy life? The Unforgettable Fire – U2
3. What do my friends think of me? Pride (In the Name of Love) – U2
4. Do people secretly lust after me? Atomic - Blondie
5. How can I make myself happy? Think of Me (from The Phantom of the Opera)
6. What should I do with my life? Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own – U2
7. Will I ever have children? Rescue Me – Fontella Bass
8. What is some good advice for me? My Mistake – Split Enz
9. How will I be remembered? The Reluctant Cannibal – Flanders and Swann
10. What is my signature dancing song? Numb – U2
11. What do I think my current theme song is? A Heart Full of Love (from Les Miserables)
12. What does everyone else think my current theme song is? Breakdown – Jack Johnson
13. What song will play at my funeral? Mofo – U2
14. What type of men do you like? Inner Smile - Texas
15. What is my day going to be like? Don’t Dream It’s Over – Crowded House

I can't believe how relevant some of them are! It's amazing :) although I can't see Mofo ever being the sort of song you would play at a funeral! I think the funniest one there is number nine, definitely. Number three's pretty funny too. :) Number 10 was spot on--I love Numb and although I'd never actually thought it's my signature dancing song, it's definitely the sort of thing I'd dance to! So thanks, Patty! That was very fun.

My friend Sarah has left today, off to Samoa to do her DTS for 6 months, and possibly another year or so after that. It's very odd thinking about it; I hardly worked myself up about it so when I went to see her off at the airport it just didn't feel like she was leaving for that long. ... Interesting ...

[Photo at the top: cartoon version of the photo I posted a couple of weeks back, of my nephew Finlay. I like the original much better because the colours are so much more vivid but this is quite cute too.]

1 comment:

Patty said...

:D

6 is a great answer.
15 isn't really an answer you wanna hear(if this was true, of course).
13 either. :)
9 is the funniest!!!

...although, I don't think I'll be inviting you to dinner anytime soon...just in case you've gotten over the reluctant part. :D