Saturday, March 11, 2006

gypsy fair



I went to put some flowers on my Mum's grave this morning and on the way back stopped at this 'gypsy fair' at one of the parks. The people who run the fair all live in these fantastic vans/trucks that have been converted into a kind of house truck. They're all beautifully painted and very very cool.

I must say it was a bit different from the usual 'fair' as such, though. Despite the hot dogs and Shetland ponies doing tricks and fire poi dancers and handcrafts on sale, I couldn't help noticing that they were also selling portraits of pagan religious stuff, those glass pipes you smoke P in, tarot card readings and so on... A little different perhaps! But mostly it was pretty cool. I felt a bit rude taking photos of everything, although I tried to swallow this, so I didn't get as many photos as I would have liked. But still, here are a couple.

2 comments:

Patty said...

That top one is cool. Is that Alf in the 2nd photo?

I have photos very much like these, except it was of a colorful green hippie van in Missouri. I'll post them eventually.

Allie said...

Yup, that's Alf! Pretty cute really.