Thursday, January 05, 2006

i am a couch potato

My father and my grandmother have both tried to get me to go to Le Bons Bay with them tomorrow. It's not going to happen. One, the drive over to Akaroa Harbour makes me queazy. Two, I have to take my sister and her husband to the airport. Three (the most important of all), I can't be bothered. I have come to the conclusion that I am a lazy bore when it comes to some things. To tell the absolute truth, I probably would go if siblings or friends were, but when there is probably only going to be people there who are fifty or over, it doesn't sound that tempting. Le Bons Bay is beautiful, and it's summer, and I love it, but... I am so lethargic at the moment. I feel bad, actually, because I spend a lot of time doing solitary things in my room, or elsewhere, and I hope Dad doesn't feel too lonely. But I can't help that; it's how I function. I am a lot younger than my sisters and brothers, I have become a solitary person by necessity, I have to entertain myself: reading, writing, cooking, playing on the computer, drinking coffee at a nice cafe, watching movies, going for occasional walks, playing or listening to music. If I were Dad, I'd go out for bike rides and walks and work in the garden. Ce n'est pas moi. My friends all think I'm really odd because I often enjoy going to movies by myself. They hate that, they feel friend-less. But I like it because I feel independent and I can enter my own moods/opinions/ideas after the movie and not have to enter into theirs. Basically, I am a very selfish person.

Plug time!! Go and visit the creating writing e-zine a few friends from a writing group and I have put together. It's called Halfway Down The Stairs, and features original fiction, poetry and non-fiction, publishing issues four times a year. Our last issue was Enchante, featuring re-written fairy/folk tales etc, and the new issue due out in March is Wanderlust.

No comments: