Sunday, January 29, 2006

Irishman Creek


It's funny how sometimes you come across a place, at a time, on a day, and it just happens to be the sort of perfection that looks as if it can only appear in a photo, and it would be hard to mess up any photo you tried to take of it. That's what it felt like when Eva and I drove past this, the little hut at the entrance of Irishman Creek Station. We had just been to Mount Cook, and the drive back was beautiful--it was late afternoon, with all that beautiful golden light and those long shadows. I love the vividness of this photo. It's one of my favourite photos ever, I think, because the vividness of the photo matches the vividness of the memories. We had Coldplay playing, and whenever I listen to that particular album now (A Rush of Blood to the Head), the image of driving back from Mount Cook, after a long and beautiful day, comes involuntarily to my head.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Coldplay has nice music.

You should go back and read what I wrote on the post titled "Each Peach Pear Plum" for this date-Thursday, November 03, 2005(The jellybean photo at almost the bottom of the page). It is slightly related to what you've written here.