I was going to write 'good', but then realised there are downsides, so here are the pros and cons:
Life is good
- because I had two essays due next Friday (as well as one on Tuesday) that were not going to write themselves, and they have both been extended a week! Without any bribes to lecturers.
- because I have successfully learnt to cynically manipulate the English essay (oh the cleverness of me). I handed in an essay on Henrik Ibsen that I didn't agree with at all and that I thought was banal, but wrote what I knew would get an okay mark, and I actually got a very good mark!
- because the history essay that I thought was going to take me days and days to write is actually speeding ahead at about two hours a paragraph! Of course, it's terrible, but that's what editing's for.
- because the weather is nice.
Life is pretty ho-hum
- because I still actually have to write and edit the history essay.
- because I still actually have to write the two English essays that are now due June 1.
- because one of my best friends is in Vegas and is going to Cirque du Soleil tonight, has just been to Seattle, the Grand Canyon and elsewhere, and is off to California soon. Yes, if I were a nice person that would be in the 'life is good' column, but I'm not a nice person. I'm selfish and jealous.
- because I'm selfish and jealous. (Because that deserves a whole bullet point.)
- because I just had a lecture in which the lecturer asked questions like, 'so why don't we all just shoot ourselves?' and 'what is there to live for?'
Moving Day: Blog in Review
6 months ago