Tuesday, October 17, 2006

list-making time


I am indulging in list-making tonight, and this is the list of my favourite books, in no particular order other than what came to mind or my line of vision first.

Favourite books!
Possession, by A. S. Byatt
The Narnia Chronicles, by C. S. Lewis
The Great Gatsby, by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Vanity Fair, by William Thackeray
The Ordinary Princess, by M. M. Kaye
Winter of Fire, by Sherryl Jordan
A Long Way Down, by Nick Hornby
Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte
White Noise, by Don DeLillo
The Father Brown Stories, by G. K. Chesterton
Persuasion, by Jane Austen
Emma, by Jane Austen
Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
I Capture the Castle, by Dodie Smith
The Tricksters, by Margaret Mahy
The Eyre Affair, by Jasper Fforde
Harry Potter series, by J. K. Rowling
Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, by Susanna Clarke
Venetia, by Georgette Heyer
Stardust, by Neil Gaiman
Captain Corelli's Mandolin, by Louis de Bernieres
Bridget Jones' Diary, by Helen Fielding
The Halfmen of O, by Maurice Gee
The Screwtape Letters, by C. S. Lewis
The short stories of Roald Dahl
The Man in the Brown Suit, by Agatha Christie

That's all I can remember right now but I'm sure in the middle of the night I will come rushing out here to insert a crucial book I have unforgiveably forgotten.

Guess why I waste my time on things like this. Yup - it's study leave. Anything but study works for me.

No comments: